Read Why Solar in Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Noida? before going further.
Also, check http://www.zunroof.com/zunC.php to find how much money you will make from Solar
1. You mention investment of INR 65-75,000/kW to go solar in Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad and Noida. Why such a varied range?
Oh, that is just a play on the size of system you decide to get installed and any special requirements that you may have – in smaller systems, there is less optimisation of labor, transportation and retail procurement of PV panels and inverters is costlier too. You can expect prices to fall with size.
2. What is the payback period for an average household?
Without subsidy, it varies from 3.5 to 5.5 years in Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad and Noida, depending on your electricity usage
3. You mentioned Subsidy. How much subsidy is available and how do we get it? Do your installer partners help in getting this?
There are 3 types of subsidies/incentives available in Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad and Noida currently –
1. Through State Nodal Agencies – 30% of total cost; our installer partners are channel partners with MNRE and will help you in availing this
2. Through SECI Tenders – 30% of total cost but tender results not out yet; on a selected basis, this will be made available to you once the results are out
3. Generation-based incentive – This subsidy scheme is approved by Delhi government and will get you INR 2/unit generated from solar for first 3 years. This is a “first come, first serve” offer
4. I have a factory/commercial unit in Delhi/Gurgaon/Faridabad/Noida. Am I eligible for subsidy for solar?
No but you have an even better deal – you can claim accelerated depreciation of 40%, 40% and 20% of total capital investment in solar in 1st 3 years. So, you save a lot in taxes
5. I don’t want to invest my capital upfront in solar; can I get a loan? What are the typical interest rates?
Yes, we can help you get loans through our banking partners – there are 2 types of loan available for Solar – 1st is Home Renovation/Improvement Loan – this is available at 9.25-9.75% interest but the downside is it is a loan against property and a lot of customers do not want to avail this for such a small loan amount.
The 2nd option is to get a personal loan, which is available at around 13-14% but again, the difference in EMI is very small when compared to Home Renovation Loans
6. But loans mean paying EMIs for 5 years or longer. How do I reconcile myself to this idea of taking a loan to get solar?
Here is the great thing – EMIs for this are almost equal to the electricity bill saving you will make on a monthly basis. So, in a way, you are putting in 0 capital and after the loan tenure, free electricity for 20+ years
7. What about maintenance?
On a monthly basis, you would need to sprinkle some water and get dirt off the panels by using a broom – we can train you or your domestic/factory help in how to do so. Apart from that, different installer partners provide different free AMC periods, ranging from 1 to 5 years. At the end of free AMC period, it is chargeable at INR 70/kW/month
8. What are the insurance options available?
We can facilitate insurance for fire, earthquake and any other such disasters at nominal rates