ISA (International Solar Alliance) will organize the First World Solar Technology Summit on 8 September 2020 on a virtual platform. The event will also witness the launching of the ISA Journal on Solar Energy (I JOSE) and it will perform as a platform for authors to publish their articles on solar energy.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the summit and address in the presence of ministers from member countries from across all ISA regions. Nobel Laureate in Chemistry, Dr M Stanley Whittingham will be delivering the Keynote address. The experts from the world of Scientific Research and Development and a CEOs’ conclave will point their views on low cost, innovative and affordable solar technologies. The event will also see the path-breaking progress in implementing and scaling up solar technologies by CEOs of top global companies. The four technical sessions for the participants across the world is another attraction of the event. It will be about the Vision 2030 & Beyond, Towards a Decarbonised Grid, Disruptive Solar Technologies, and Solar Beyond the Power Sector.
The World Solar Technology Summit is expected to drive the necessary growth of solar energy around the world through innovations. The Renewable Energy Minister stated that at this crucial junction when the world is battling the corona pandemic, the collective efforts of the ISA members will not only help face this challenge but also provide impetus towards achieving the objective of “universal electricity access to all.
The first World Solar Technology Summit will focus on state-of-the-art technologies and next-generation technologies that will help boost efforts towards harnessing solar energy more efficiently.
- PM Modi will be delivering the inaugural address of the First World Solar Technology Summit. The summit is expected to see participation from ministers from member countries from across all ISA regions.
- Besides this, Nobel Prize Winner Dr M Stanley Whittingham will be presenting the keynote address during the inaugural ceremony. Dr Whittingham was awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry jointly with John B Goodenough & Akira Yoshino in 2019 for the revolutionary discovery of lithium-ion batteries.
- The ISA would also be launching the ISA Journal on Solar Energy (I JOSE) on the occasion that would help authors from across the globe to publish their articles on solar energy.
- The summit would see deliberations on low cost, innovative and affordable solar technologies by high-level dignitaries from the scientific research and development world.
- Several senior government functionaries and heads of global corporations, financial and multilateral institutions, think tanks, civil society and foundations are expected to be present during the inaugural session.
- There will also be a CEO conclave where CEOs of top global corporations that have made pathbreaking progress in implementing and scaling up solar technologies will take part.
- There will be four technical sessions that will be available in different languages including English, Spanish, French and Arabic. The sessions will see leading companies and research organisations from around the world present their work and deliberate on the latest trends in solar technologies.
Do give our blog a read for all your solar-related questions. You can also check out other interesting updates on solar on our Facebook page (facebook.com/zunroof)
Reach out to us by filling the form below: