Solar energy is the free, abundant and considered one of the best sources of renewable energy. As the demand for solar energy is increasing in the world, in order to lessen the effects of global warming and greenhouse effects. Many myths regarding solar energy have come up and spreading rumours. So some of the most popular myths, which can be heard are mentioned below.
- Solar Panels Require a Lot of Maintenance:- Solar panel doesn’t require any maintenance at all, as there are no moving parts which need to be taken care. Panels are durable, you can easily clean it by using a cloth once in two years and the output remains the same.
- Solar Panels are quite expensive:- the most popular myths of all times, but the generation of electricity from the sun is one of the cheapest compared to coal. If you see the figures from 2009 to 2015, the prices have become more affordable as the prices reduced up to 30%. Moreover, there are many ways you can easily finance on your solar panels and now the Government of India provides to 30% of subsidy. Not only this, nowadays net-metering helps you to earn money from the sun as you can send out the extra energy to the grid.
- Solar Panels harm your Roof:- Solar panels are not are not directly attached to the roof, it is actually mounted on the roof. So, the roof cannot be damaged, instead, roofs are protected and preserved. Asphalt is one of the best material which can be used to make the roof it has around 20 years of warranty. Usually, it is seen that there are gaps between the rooftop and the panels, the sealant is used to fill in the gaps. In addition, to it, the mounts are protected using a metal flashing or coverings for an extra barrier for protection.
- Solar Panels doesn’t work on cloudy & Rainy Days:- Solar panels work in cloudy days, even if there is no availability sunlight, you technically say the production of power generation goes down as the clouds block the sunlight but the solar panels will continue to convert all the sunlight into electricity. Germany is the world’s largest leader in per capita of solar energy generation.
- Solar energy is inefficient:- Solar is considered to be one of the most efficient forms of energy. It provides around 80 % of output till 25 years. Moreover, you can save your electricity bills and it is one of the free sources of energy. Its considered a lifetime investment with all the benefits.
Now, you know all the benefits of the solar power system, now it’s your turn to choose the right product from the market and make money from the sun!
Go solar with zunroof