Hybrid solar power system combines the solar power from photovoltaic systems with another power generating energy source. In simple words, a hybrid solar system is a combination of on grid and off-grid systems, a grid-connected system with the ability to feed surplus electricity to the Govt. The grid includes an extra battery backup.
It means that even during a power-cut your system will work, you still have electricity. A hybrid combination of Solar Energy storage with grid-connected systems provide the flexibility of being able to store the power to batteries you generate during the daytime instead of feeding it back into the Govt. grid and the same energy can be used in the evening instead of buying from Govt. grid at a higher price.
Hybrid Solar systems are the smart systems as they are fully programmable. The advantage of hybrid systems is that they are able to control and balance the available sources of energy. Some of the advantages of this system are listed below:-
- If the power generated by a solar array is insufficient to supply daytime loads as well as charge your batteries, the system can recharge your batteries from the grid when a lower off-peak electricity rate is available.
- When your electricity usage goes above a certain level, electricity companies may charge you at a higher rate for this increased level of demand. Hybrid systems can provide ‘peak lopping’ where some stored power can be drawn from the batteries to help balance the power usage.
- ‘Grid support’ can also be provided by your hybrid system if your grid connection does not have the capacity to supply a load. The hybrid system could supply the extra power. And this may allow you to avoid a costly mains upgrade to your property.
There are three simple priorities to run electricity with the load.
- Your 1st Priority, that Solar Panels will run on connected load.
- Your 2nd Priority Battery bank will be used up to 60%.
- Your 3rd Priority Govt. Grid will be used in case of extra uses.
Energy Efficiency is always the first step to ensure your solar hybrid fits your electricity consumption profile and you don’t pay for capacity that you don’t need. Hybrid systems empower you with energy security, self-sufficiency, lock in your future cost of electricity, control when you use your solar power and provide an uninterrupted power supply when others have lost grid power.