Delhi Metro Railways Corporation (DMRC) together with Madhya Pradesh Power Management Company (MPPMC) has signed an agreement with Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited (RUMSL). The pact states that both parties are to purchase electricity from RUMSL which in fact, is the world’s largest single-site solar project. These agreements were signed today in Bhopal in the presence of chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Union minister of urban development M Venkaiah Naidu, Union minister of power Piyush Goyal
Facts related to Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Project:
- Firstly, Rewa Project is a solar park spread over an area of 1,590 acres in the Rewa district, Madhya Pradesh.
- The project will deliver a power of 750 MW by December 2018 (Commission date).
- Moreover, RUMSL is a 50:50 joint venture between the Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikash Nigam Limited (MPUVNL) and the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
- The 750 MW Solar project is under construction in three segments of 250 MW.
- Once completed, it will overtake 648 MW solar power plant at Kamathi in Tamil Nadu, which is in fact, the largest solar power plant in India so far.
- Furthermore, auctioned on February 10th, the solar Park saw a record low tariff of INR 2.97 for first year and levelised tariff of INR 3.30 for 25 years.
Details on DMRC & MPPMC Power Purchase Agreement:
Agreement stated, DMRC will purachase 24 percent of the total power generated by Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Park. This power from the solar park suffices 90 percent daytime requirement of DMRC. The remaining power from the plant will be sold to Madhya Pradesh Government.
You can also make your mark in solar:
Do give our blog a read for all your solar related questions and check out other interesting updates on solar on our facebook page (facebook.com/zunroof).
Image: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/DMRC_Bombardier.jpg, via Wikimedia Commons